Cp Thornton Legend (Solid Body)
"As a guitar player, I'm sure everybody feels that there's one guitar from their past that, every time they hear it, gives them butterflies in their stomach. The LP was that guitar for me. Every time I heard an LP being played, my ears perked up, my jaw would drop and I'd start drooling. I wanted to honor this wonderful guitar with my version of it called the Legend."
The Legend is a straightforward solid mahogany body with an eastern maple top and rosewood fingerboard, which are the same materials used on this legend of a guitar. Where the Cp Thornton guitar differs is that a 2 piece quartersawn through-neck is used instead of a one piece set neck, and the neck is carved to have the same feel as other Thornton models. This neck has always gotten excellent reviews for its feel and playability.
Also, notice on the back that instead of a plastic cover a a mahogany cover cut from the same piece of wood as the rest of the back is used. And, of course, this guitar has the Thornton patented headstock design and heel carve for greater accessibility to the upper register.
If you're looking for a rich, creamy smooth tone, please try the Legend--you'll be happy.
- Solid Body Guitar
- Eastern Maple Top and Back Carved from Solid Billets
- 2 Piece Quartersawn Mahogany Neck
- Vintage Style Lightweight Aluminum Stop Tailpiece
- Tone Pros AVR Bridge
- 1 11/16" Nut width
- 12" Fretboard radius. 10" or 16" optional
- 25" Scale. 24 5/8" Scale Optional
- Trapezoid Inlays
- Deluxe Hardshell Tweed Case
- Nitrocellulose Finish
- Fingerboard: Rosewood
- Frets: Dunlop 6100 (6130, 6105 optional)
- Headstock: Ebony
- Bridge: Tone Pros AVR
- Tailpiece: Tone Pros Lightweight Aluminum Tailpiece nickel ( chrome or gold optional)
- Pickups: Custom Fralin P-90 with Alnico II magnets or Lollar Imperial
- Pots: DiMarzio (500k/250k)
- Tuners: Gotoh 510 with 21:1 ratio and Ivoroid buttons
- Strap Buttons: Oversize
- Nut Material: Bone
- Strings: GHS Burnished Nickel .010 - .046
- Sunburst $300
- 5A Western Curly Maple Top $300
- Lollar Imperial Humbuckers $180
- Gold Hardware $110