Johan Gustavsson Bluesmaster Custom '59
Johan began design work on the Bluesmaster in 1993. He finalized all specs with the Bluesmaster '59 prototype, which was completed 2001, merging features of two of his favourite solid body guitars.
The Bluesmaster '59 comes standard with a .5" carved Maple top, 1.75" mahogany back and neck and a bound rosewood fingerboard with celluloid inlays. Gustavsson offers this model with either a solid or chambered back. It can be ordered with either P90s or Humbuckers.
- Set neck with 1959 LP style extended tenon
- Routes: All control routes as per 1959 LP style
- Back: Premium grade 1 or 2 piece 1.75" mahogany
- Top: Premium grade carved flame eastern maple, 1/2” top thickness
- Binding: Creme colored cellulose butyrate binding (top)
- Pickguard: Bound tortoise pick guard
NECK (all measurements in inches, @ 1st and 12th frets)
- Neck Shape(s): Slim '60s C .822"-.901"; Round '59 .874"-.960"; '58 vintage soft V .925"-1", Fat U neck .925"-1"
- Scale Length: 24.75"
- Fretboard Radius: 12"
- Nut Width: 1.685"
- Neck Material: One piece mahogany neck with 1959 LP style extended tenon
- Fretboard: Premium rosewood
- Trussrod: Gustavsson dual action trussrod (vintage compression style single rod with no condom)
- Fingerboard Binding: Creme coloured cellulose butyrate binding
- Fretboard Inlays: Vintage Moto crown inlays
- Side Dots: Tortoise
- Nut: Bone
- Headstock Overlay: Holly veneer
- Headstock Inlay: Pearl JG logo
- Headstock Angle: 17 degrees
- Pickup Configuration: H/H
- Bridge Pickup: Throbak SLE 101 mxv Ltd
- Neck Pickup: Throbak SLE 101 mxv Ltd
- Pickup Switching: 3 way toggle
- Controls: Neck volume, neck tone, bridge volume, bridge tone controls (with push/pull for coil tap)
- Hardware Finish: Gold or nickel
- Bridge: Gustavsson intonatable wraparound bridge
- Tuners: Kluson Deluxe Keystone tunersFINISH
- High gloss nitrocellulose lacquer without plasticisers
- Case: JG /G & G rectangular hardshell (brown with pink lining)