The Alquier Cosmic Debris has a honeycomb internal structure and two wide range pickups and is part of Alquier's Ethiq line of electric guitars.
With the regulation of exotic woods and a global paradigm shifting towards sustainability, Alquier Guitars is willing to transform the soul of the guitar. Along the way, Alquier hopes to also appeal to the hearts and minds of guitar enthusiasts. After five years of independent research which culminated in the Ethiq guitar line, Alquier introduced bamboo, titanium and the strict use of non-exotic woods.
Titanium comes standard on Alquier instruments
Alquier Guitars is using titanium for its in-house designed tremolos, wrap-arounds, hard-tails, knobs, switches, jack ferrules, nuts and neck reinforcement rods. Titanium adds resonance and sustain to your guitar's tone. It resonates better than steel for richer sounds in all frequencies. Adding titanium to your guitar improves its qualities.
The most obvious difference is the way it feels in your hands. Titanium makes your guitar more alive. Sonically it is more even, and the response is quicker. The notes seem to jump off the guitar and especially from the fretboard.
Bamboo as an alternative to exotic woods
Alquier has decided to no longer use tropical woods and has performed five years of independent research on bamboo. The acme is presented this year by Alquier Guitars with the Ethiq guitar line, officially exhibited for the first time at the Los Angeles 2018 NAMM show.
Bamboo, an astonishing material which has exceptional esthetic, acoustic and durability qualities is part of Alquier guitars, especially the fretboards where it perfectly replaces ebony or rosewood. Moreover, bamboo is absolutely CO2 neutral all along its production, transportation and transformation process and classified E0 with no formaldehyde outgassing.
Along with bamboo, Alquier Guitars is exclusively using high grade FSC woods coming from the French forest. These are woods that have been used for a long time in guitar making, like flamed maple, ash, alder, walnut, basswood and many others.
With 2 unique designs closing the era of rectangular pickups and showcasing the beauty of the instruments, Alquier's wide range of pickups are advancing different tone identities which will satisfy all expectations and allow each musician to find the perfect tone for the music they are playing. Designed and manufactured in-house, they are the perfect match for Alquier guitars.
33 / Wide Range Type
For the Cosmic Debris and Cosmic Dust.
- Top wood: flamed maple
- Optional top woods: flamed ash, ash, maple, alder, basswood, walnut, bamboo natural or density
- Back wood: bamboo density
- Optional back wood: bamboo natural
- Number of frets: 22
- Scale length: 25.2" – 640mm
- Neck wood: full bamboo density
- Optional neck woods: flamed maple w/ bamboo natural insert / bamboo natural w/ flamed bamboo insert
- Neck shape: C type
- Neck reinforcement: double action truss-rod and 2 titanium rods
- Fretboard wood: bamboo density
- Optional fretboard woods: flamed maple (needs a flamed maple neck)
- Treble pickup: Alquier Guitars Magn'Ethiq 33
- Bass pickup: Alquier Guitars Magn'Ethiq 33
- Pickup covers: bamboo natural
- Bridge: Alquier Guitars titanium wraparound
- Hardware: Alquier Guitars titanium knobs, nut, switch head/plate, jack ferrule
- Tuners: Hipshot satin grip lock open w/ SK1 buttons
- Fret type: Jescar EVO II gold including titanium
- Controls: volume, tone, 3-way toggle switch