This gloriously stylish, incredible sounding guitar is Alquier's fastback. It is a guitar with tremendous public buzz and momentum, having captured the world's attention. It is a unique, utterly brilliant design that will leave you breathless with its automotive-inspired curves and ergonomics.
The Alquier Fastback is handmade by J.Y. Alquier and Adrien Painco at Rivesaltes (south of France). The Fastback electric guitar honors the "Air Mail Special" presented in 2009 at the Montreal Guitar Show.
Automotive design inspires Jean-Yves Alquier's Fastback electric guitar series. Think Steve McQueen in "Bullitt" with the 1968 Mustang GT. Alquier's Fastbacks are rounded with a noticeable bigger lower bout. His signature and ergonomic form started to take shape in the mythic Airmail Special, one of his concept guitars.
The Fastback is a solid body instrument with a set neck, 2 Lafayette mini humbuckers, 3 way toggle, and volume and tone controls.
- Back wood: natural bamboo
- Internal structure: solid body
- Neck: maple
- Fingerboard: bamboo
- Neck shape: C type
- Scale length: 25.2"
- Frets: 22 frets
- Neck reinforcemcent: double action truss-rod
- Fret type: Jescar EVO II gold titanium
- Bridge pickup: Lafayette Mini Humbucker
- Neck pickup: Lafayette Mini Humbucker
- Bridge: Alquier Guitars titanium wraparound
- Hardware: titanium knobs/switch/back plate
- Tuners: 501 Gotoh
- Controls: volume & tone, 3-way blade switch
- Finishes: lollypop red / onyx black
- Weight: 6.61 lbs / 3.0 kg
- Case: Hiscox