The JTM 18 Vintage has a classic ECC (Plexi 50) preamp, as well as an EF86 (VOX AC 15) preamp and, as is standard on all Gladius amps, the unique Variac power reduction. Only absolute state of the art components are used as well as manual wiring and the best possible tubes. An indispensable extra feature is the channel-patch which switches both channels together without having to use a conventional patch cable. Also the rhythm-lead switch allows you to play the amp real tight, without getting the usual sludgy sound when playing a Humbucker-guitar (an often criticized aspect of vintage amps). With the rhythm-lead function (clearly visible through different colors from the pilot light) as well as with the two preamps you get 4 completely different amps in one unit that can be switched with a foot pedal and an AB-Box!
If connected to a Gladius cabinet, you can play the box with 0.1 watt and it will perform without loss of tonal quality. You have to hear it to believe it.
The vintage edition JTM 18 has a fat, round and 'smacky' response (rectifier-tubes) with the necessary dirty tone we know from the old vintage amps, hence it is less suitable for clean players - all the sounds of Billy Gibbons, the Allman Brothers, Jeff Beck etc. are included.
- Type: class A 230V
- Power: 0.1 watt to 18 watt (switchable)
- Output tubes: 2 x EL84M-R NOS
- Preamp tubes: 2 x 12AX7EH, 1 x 12AX7C, 1 x EF-86 (Siemens old stock)
- Rectifier: EZ81JJ
- Channels: 2
- EF86 input: hi (w/ channel-patch for both treble & normal inputs) & lo
- ECC83 input: hi & lo, rhythm & lead (footswitchable)
- Controls, EF 86: volume, tone
- Controls, ECC83/81: volume, bass, middle, presence
- Back: 4/8/16 ohm switch, rhythm & lead footswitch, 6-step power scaler, 2 outputs
- Effect loop: parallel passive
- Colors: original black levant
- Weight: 8.6 kg
- Dimensions: 24cm x 49cm x 21cm