The MC30 is the most versatile Gladius, joining four completely different amps in one unit.
Channel 1 is an AC30 with top boost that sounds very authentic. From Brian May up to Rory Gallagher, this channel has those bell-like highs and extremely fat and lively overdrive characteristics.
Channel 2 is the high input of the JTM 68 (for the description, see JTM68). Through the stand-by switch (presence/boost switch) both channels can be played with and without negative feedback triggered by a foot pedal. The difference in sounds is extreme. From this perspective, the MC 30 is actually equipped with four totally different sounds.
Without feedback it has much more gain and sounds vintage-fat. With feedback the tone is completely stable and dry and has considerably less gain – the undifferentiated sound of the vintage amps is gone and the lows turn out to be crisp and lean.
- Type: class A 230V 50Hz
- Power: 1 watt to 30 watts (switchable)
- Power amp: 4x EL84M (NOS)
- Preamp: 1 x 12AX7C, 3 x ECC83EH
- Rectifier: solid state
- Channels: 1 x AC30 (top boost) hi & lo / 1 x JTM 68 hi & lo
- Controls, AC30: volume, bass, treble
- Controls, JTM 68: volume, bass, middle, treble
- Controls, additional: presence/boost switch
- Back: 4/8/16 ohm switch, 6-step output power switch, 2 outputs, footswitch
- Colors: original black levant
- Weight: 13.9 kg
- Dimensions: 49cm x 24cm x 21cm