The idea behind the LCC212AW was to build a closed 2x12" box that sounds like the old Marshall 4x12" with the following enhancements:
- a more manageable and smaller size
- considerably lighter as compared to competitive products
- keeps the original tone even at a extremely low sound levels
- a 160° directional characteristic, allowing the right highs without sounding aggressive, even on the smallest stages
It took years and years of research to create the above mentioned sound. Features from the HiFi industry were taken over such as front bass-reflex openings as a replacement for the 3rd and 4th loudspeaker. A closer look at the rear side of the box shows the use of the Thiele bass-reflex system. In order to generate early resonance, the box panels were very tightly finger joined and stiffened, which is absolutely mandatory in order to create the right tone, especially at low sound levels.
You can operate the speakers separately – stereo! If connected in the center, both speakers perform together (mono). When the right input is used, both speakers perform separately!
1. If your amp has a 2 x 16 ohms output, use both inputs of the box. This brings more dynamics as compared to mono performance.
2. You can use two different amps using one box only.
3. The classical mono setting creates from both different kinds of speakers a perfect symbiosis – the best from both united in one sound.
This one hundred percent handcrafted box fulfills virtually ALL requirements from blues to hard rock. Already now the LCC212AW is recognized as a milestone in the development of closed 2 x 12 cabinets and is considered a benchmark for all closed-back cabinets.
- Type: 2x12" closed back
- Power: 2 x 60 Watts or 1 x 100 watts
- Impedance: 8 ohm center (mono), 16 ohm ffset (stereo)
- Wood: Baltic birch ply w/finger joint corners
- Colors: original black levant
- Weight: 22.1 kg
- Dimensions: 66cm x 69cm x 36cm (bottom) x 27cm (top)
- $1,400.00 (UNLOADED - READY FOR THE SPEAKER OF YOUR CHOICE)