The Collins GT electric guitar features a matched, 2 piece, chambered Honduras mahogany body and a hand carved flame maple top combined with a carefully hand-set mortise and tenon neck joint and an Indian rosewood fretboard - all bringing superior tone and sustain.
The GT has two pickups - the bridge can be split off the recessed tone push-push pot and the neck can be split off the recessed volume push-push pot. A Jensen Capacitor is utilized for superb tone control. A 3-way Switchcraft toggle as standard gives 8 different tones. Bare Knuckle Mule pickups are the benchmark for the GT.
"Everyone who sees it is blown away by the look and the attention to detail. The advantage I have with the GT is the wiring configuration with the 5 way rotary switch (optional extra). There are so many options beyond the three basic settings on a Les Paul. Now I layer rhythm tracks with either an out of phase or split configuration, depending on what each song needs. Simply put this is the guitar I've been wanting for years; sophisticated yet traditional style, modern wiring offering a variety of voices, and a feel that puts mass-produced guitars to shame. Thank you for making my dreams come true!" - Customer Review
- Top: flame maple
- Body and neck: Honduras mahogany
- Fretboard: Indian rosewood
- Binding: maple
- stringer, head veneer and truss rod cover: Indian rosewood
- Picups: Bare Knuckle Mules
- Controls: 3 way toggle, volume (splits neck), tone (splits bridge)
- Tones: 8
- Accessories: case, COA booklet, small flyer, case keys, allen Key
- Setup at 0.008" neck relief at the 7th, 5/64" bass, 4/64" treble
- Strings: Ernie Ball Regular Slinky