The Fat Jimmy Tone Machine is a single ended 6L6 or 6V6 circuit with approximately 12-15 watts.
The Tone Machine is THE classic single ended class A tube amp. Not only is this is an incredible studio/practice amp, but it can hang on stage in a full band situation! Single ended class A tube amps are known for their incredibly rich harmonic content and unrivaled touch sensitivity. Loosely based on the famous tweed Princeton 5F2-A circuit, (basically a tweed champ with a tone control), the Tone Machine features a single volume, tone, and Jimmy control. The Jimmy control acts as a combination presence/gain in this circuit. Turn it down for classic, rich, sparkly clean sound. Crank it up for some serious power tube overdrive! The Tone Machine is capable of operating with a single 6V6 OR 6L6 power tube, delivering 12 – 15 watts (depending on choice of power tube). Yes, a single ended 12-15 watt amp!! Features a single Fat Jimmy Vintage Series C1270 12" speaker. The 12" speaker makes it the ultimate low powered gigging amplifier.
- Power rating: 12 – 15 watts
- Channels: single
- Biassing: cathode
- Tubes: 1 x 6L6 (or 6V6), 1 x 12AX7, 1 x 5Y3
- Controls: volume, tone, Jimmy
- Front panel standby and power switch
- Selected vintage parts and measured components
- Speaker: Fat Jimmy Vintage Series C1270 12" ceramic (AlNiCo upgrade available)
- Output: 8 ohm
- Cabinet dimensions: 20" wide x 16.5" tall x 9.5" deep