Classic late '50s tweed into mid '60s Plexi, based on 1959 Tweed Twin.
"There's no mystery why Louis Electric Amps are among the favorites of so many tone purists...It stakes out a tonal territory that's not based on any single style of vintage amp, it does a lot, and it's very good at everything it does." - Premier Guitar Magazine
The KR12 Head and Cabinet is EL34-based. The Cabinet features an open back design which provides a unique presence and sound consistent with the KR12 Combo. It is the result of Louis Rosano's longstanding work with Hubert Sumlin and Keith Richards. The KR12's four inputs offer different levels of gain from crisp, crunchy throatiness to a hefty vintage rock bark.
Based on the Louis Electrinc M12 used by Sumlin, the KR12 Head & Cabinet has several gain options and unmatched headroom, but preserves the warmth of a 1950's and 1960's vintage style amp. The KR12 Head & Cabinet has Volume and Master Volume controls, middle, treble, bass plus Presence. And, lurking on the underside of the chasis, a little Damping knob which adjusts the level of negative feedback which is an excellent feature to have because most amplifiers only offer fixed resistor which limits tone shaping.
- Classification: AB1, fixed bias
- Power output: 40 watts
- Speaker load: 8 ohms
- Controls: Volume, Master Volume, Treble, Bass, Middle, Presence
- Four Gain Inputs
- Damping Control to alter feedback circuit
- Pre Amp Tubes: 3-12AX7
- Output Tubes: 2-EL34
- Rectifier: 5AR4 or Optional Solid State Rectifier
- Head Dimensions: Height:12", Width: 24", Depth: 9"
- Head Weight: 33 lbs.
- Cabinet Weight: 40lbs.
- Cabinet Dimensions: Height:21", Width: 28", Depth: 11"
- Eyelet Terminal board construction
- Hand Selected caps and resistors
- Custom designed hand built transformers
- Belton tube sockets
- Switchcraft and Carling input jacks and switches
- High quality machine grade fasteners
- Moisture free circuit board
Speakers: 2-Celestion G12 H75