The JTM 65 MKIII offers a classic, bold vintage sound that covers everything from blues to blues rock, as exemplified by early Eric Clapton or Mark Knopfler.
The JTM 65 MKIII derives its features and design from the Marshall JTM 45 from 1965. It finds its strengths in both its clean and its crunchy sounds. It has a classic ECC83 preamp and as is standard on all Gladius amps, the unique Variac power reduction which allows the user to scale smoothly from 0.1 watts up to 30 watts (continuously variable). Only the world's best output transformers and power transformers are used and of course, next to being hand-wired, it is equipped with state of the art tubes; the KT66 power tubes create a powerful tone.
An indispensable extra feature is the channel-patch that internally combines both channels (bright and normal) without having to use a conventional external patch cable. Plugging into either the Hi or Lo inputs patches your signal to both the bright and normal channels which can then be controlled via their respective volume knobs.
The Gladius JTM models are classic tube amplifiers featuring different design details like output transformers and power tubes. The amplifiers are hand wired and have an aluminium chassis with aluminium end-blocks.
- Type: class AB
- Output power: < 0.1 W - 30 W (controlled by Variac)
- Power amp: 2 x KT66
- Preamp: 3 x ECC83
- Rectifier: GZ34
- Output transformer: RS Deluxe
- Inputs: Hi & Lo (each with internal gain patch to both channels)
- Input controls: Presence, Bass, Middle, Treble, Volume
- Speaker connectors: 2
- Speaker impedance: 8/16 ohms switchable
- Output power control: continuously variable
- Color: black
- Mains voltage: 117 V~ / 230 V~ 45-60 Hz
- Power consumption: 175 VA max.
- Weight: 15 kg
- Dimensions: 21" x 8" x 9" (53cm x 21cm x 23cm)
- Special features: integrated channel bridge, Gladius output power control