Complexity in design. Complexity in tone.
The offset waist guitar was a later development in guitar history. Getting away from the straight-laced and semi-symmetrical T and S, the Jazz style was a whole new animal. A complicated electrical circuit provides much more variance and tone that its straight-waisted brethren. This style of guitar is one of the most unique and complex guitar designs out there and has graced the shoulders of artists such as Elvis Costello, J. Mascis, Thurston Moore, and many more.
This is Mario's take on this complex classic. A style you know and love — with some much needed upgrades and lots of custom options.
- Model: Jazz
- Serial number: 120484
- Body: roasted ash
- Neck: ¼ sawn AAA flame roasted maple
- Fretboard: roasted birdseye maple
- Nut material: bone
- Nut width: 1.65"
- Fret size: 6105
- Fingerboard radius: 9.5"
- Neck shape: soft chunky V
- Top/side dots: clay
- Tuners: Gotoh staggered vintage style
- Pickguard: spitfire tortoiseshell
- Hardware: standard vintage
- Pickups: Lollar Jazzmaster set
- Finish: nitrocellulose
- Body color: faded shell pink
- Neck color: gloss
- Accessories included: Certificate of Authenticity / dated & hand signed by Mario Martin
- Total weight of guitar: 7 lbs 2 oz
- Strings: StringJoy