Classic pre-CBS black tone, based on the AA1164 circuit.
The Louis Electric Columbia is the best sounding Princeton you'll ever play. The Columbia Reverb has it all; great bottom end and a "sick" mid control, a beautiful tremolo unit and probably the best reverb ever.
The Columbia is a 6V6/6L6-based, 18/28 watt, single 12" combo amplifier. It is the result of requests from longstanding customers to build a black line series to emulate the beautiful sounds of the pre-CBS black amplifiers. The Columbia is a single-channel amp with two inputs.
The tremolo circuit was slightly modified for a deeper and richer tremolo sound. The reverb circuit has also been modified to deliver a smoother, less intense reverb sound.
The Columbia comes standard with a 6V6 tube configuration. The amp can accommodate a 6L6 configuration for 28 watts of output power. An additional feature with the 6L6 configuration is a 4k/8k option. This allows the player to simply switch the load to provide a cleaner or more distorted sound. The 4k option provides cleaner tones, while the 8k will lower the wattage and provide quicker mid-range break up.
The original Pinceton Reverb had volume, treble and bass controls. The Louis Electric Columbia Reverb has added a middle control knob for additional tone shaping.
- Classification: AB1, fixed bias
- Power output: 18 watts with 6V6, 28 watts with 6L6
- Speaker load: 8 ohms
- Single channel, 2 input
- Controls: volume, treble, middle, bass, reverb, speed, intensity
- Pre-amp tubes: 3-12AX7, 1-12AT7
- Output tubes: 2-6V6 for 18W or 2-6L6 for 28W
- Rectifier: 5AR4
- Height: 18.5", Width: 20", Depth: 10"
- Weight: 30 lbs.
- Eyelet terminal board construction
- Hand selected caps and resistors
- Custom designed hand built transformers
- Belton tube sockets
- Switchcraft and Carling input jacks and switches
- High quality machine grade fasteners
- Moisture free circuit board
Color: two tone black/brown
Speaker: Jupiter 12LC