Classic pre-CBS black tone, based on the AB763 circuit.
The Evertone is a 6L6-based, 35 watt, 2x10" combo amplifier. It is the result of requests from longstanding Louis Electric customers to build a black line series to emulate the beautiful sounds of the pre-CBS black amplifiers. The Evertone is a true two-channel amp with two inputs for each channel. Both channels offer vibrato and reverb.
The tremolo circuit was modified from the opto-coupled or photo-cell tremolo circuit in the blackface amps and moved to a bias modulated circuit. This change provides a more pleasing and warmer sound to the ear.
The Normal and Vibrato channels of the Evertone have volume, treble, bass, reverb, speed, and intensity controls. The Vibrato channel has an additional middle control. The original blackface deluxe amp did not have a middle control. The middle control is a great addition as it provides more control for the player's midrange sound.
- Classification: AB1, fixed bias
- Power output: 35 watts
- Speaker load: 4 ohms
- Normal channel: 2 input
- Vibrato channel: 2 input
- Controls, normal channel: volume, treble, bass, reverb, speed, intensity
- Controls, vibrato channel: volume, treble, middle, bass, reverb, speed, intensity
- Pre-amp tubes: 3-12AX7, 2-12AT7
- Output tubes: 2-6L6
- Rectifier: 5AR4
- Height: 18 3/4", Width: 24", Depth: 10"
- Weight: 45 lbs.
- Eyelet terminal board construction
- Hand selected caps and resistors
- Custom designed hand built transformers
- Belton tube sockets
- Switchcraft and Carling input jacks and switches
- High quality machine grade fasteners
- Moisture free circuit board
Color: two tone black/brown
Speaker: 2-Celestion 10s