Classic late '50s tweed into mid '60s Plexi, based on the 1959 Tweed Twin.
"Bottom Line: if you like the idea of an antique looking combo that has you covered for everything from extremely clean to viciously distorted, you'll love what the KR12 has to offer." - Guitar Player Magazine
The KR12 is an EL34-based, single 12" combo. It is the result of Louis Rosano's longstanding work with Hubert Sumlin and Keith Richards. The KR12's four inputs offer different levels of gain from crisp, crunchy throatiness to a hefty vintage rock bark.
Based on the Louis Electric M12 used by Sumlin, the KR12 has several gain options and unmatched headroom, but preserves the warmth of a 1950s and 1960s vintage style amp. The KR12 has volume and master volume controls, middle, treble and bass plus presence. In addition a damping knob which adjusts the level of negative feedback is placed on the top control panel. This is an excellent feature to have because most amplifiers only offer a fixed resistor in the feedback circuit which limits tone shaping.
The new KR12 offers a single ended switch which allows the player to run the amp at 20 watts.
Winner of 2004 Guitar Player Editors' Pick award!
- Classification: AB1, fixed bias
- Power output: 20/40 watts
- Speaker load: 8 ohms
- Controls: volume, master volume, treble, bass, middle, presence, single ended switch
- Four gain inputs
- Damping control to alter feedback circuit
- Pre-amp tubes: 3-12AX7
- Output tubes: 2-EL34
- Rectifier: 1-5AR4
- Height: 17 1/2", Width: 23 1/2", Depth: 8 3/4"
- Weight: 48 lbs.
- Eyelet terminal board construction
- Hand selected caps and resistors
- Custom designed hand built transformers
- Belton tube sockets
- Switchcraft and Carling input jacks and switches
- High quality machine grade fasteners
- Moisture free circuit board
Speaker: Celestion Classic Lead 80