Nathan Junior is Benson's long time demo guitarist, a veteran of Portland indie rock, and now a non-profit organizer. Part of the proceeds for every Nathan Junior are going directly to Musical Independence - a non-profit organization in the small town of Independence, Oregon whose mission is to provide much needed music lessons to citizens of all walks of life. Nathan has a building, a plan, and years of both teaching and music business experience.
Benson wanted to hit a different price point with the Nathan Junior amp, instead of the usual Mercury transformers/Jupiter capacitors combination they found some domestically produced components that sound fantastic and fit the form factor better. For 5 watts in a tiny package, it sounds shockingly big. It's the perfect grab and go recording/small gig combo.
- 1 x JJ 6V6 power tube, 1 x 12AX7, 1 x 12DW7
- 5 watts
- Point to point construction on terminal strips; no circuit, eyelet or turret board
- Mallory 150 capacitors
- Baltic birch speaker cabinet
- 10" Celestion Greenback
- Speaker outputs: 1 x 8 ohm
- Volume, treble, bass, reverb
- Reverb is all wet at the highest setting, allowing for creative use in tandem with other amps
- Dimensions: 15.75"W 15.25"H 8.75"D
- Weight: 24 lbs
- premium finish, heads, Nathan Junior, Tall Bird,Vinny, Vinny Cabinet (Night Moves, Aunt Gertie, Bourbon Burst, Tweed): +$100
- premium finish, Earhart, Monarch, Vincent cabinets, Chimera cabinets (Night Moves, Aunt Gertie, Bourbon Burst, Tweed): +$200