Dynamic, musical, and responsive; while it's essentially a two-channel amp with switchable overdrive, the 45+'s Gain & Volume controls work a little differently than others, taking you on a trip thru time along the way.
- Many Master Volume circuits can limit and degrade tone.. Henry Amps has gone ahead and designed this amp with that in mind, featuring the most transparent and natural-sounding master volume possible. It’s like a built-in attenuator without any of the drawbacks. Your tone stays thick & chewy with all the harmonic content you could ask for, even at bedroom volumes.
- With OD off, the Volume control functions like a classic 1965 non-master amp, covering a full range of tones from beautiful, warm cleans to bluesy breakup and fully-cranked Plexi tones at max. Try some Jimi with a Strat here, or grab a Les Paul and crank it to 10 (the Mid control sounds great boosted here too, just like an old Marshall).
- With OD engaged, the Gain picks up and takes you into the next decade, where overdrive can be blended into the clean tone by balancing both controls (like the old "one-wire" cascaded Plexi mod of the late '70s). Some of the in-between tones are really killer here, maintaining clarity along with some dirt & drive. Set the Volume where you want it for clean tones and switch in the Gain for dirt, or crank the Volume for a classic dirty rhythm tone and push it over the top for leads. Malcolm & Angus reign here!
- Optional tube-driven spring reverb adds an extra dimension to this classic circuit, from just a touch of extra depth to full-on surf. British cleans with American reverb is something very rare and special indeed!
- Head dimensions: 20"L x 9"H x 8"D, 30 lbs
- Combo dimensions: 20"L x 18"H x 9"D, 40 lbs
- 45+ Head: $1,895.00
- 45+ 1x12" Combo: $2,195.00
- 2x12" Extension Cabinet: $995.00
- 1x12" Extension Cabinet: $595.00
- Spring Reverb Option: +$300.00
(WGS speakers used in all combos & cabinets)