The KSR Gemini 100 is a 2.5 channel, 100W, multi-mode guitar amplifier.
The Gemini 100 amplifier aims to fulfill the need for a smaller version of the Colossus. Based on the same next-generation tone shaping controls built-in to the Artemis, KSR aimed to design the most versatile 2-channel amplifier available. It features an unprecedented amount of programmable modes and features on each of its 2 channels. To illustrate, the Clean channel offers up to 8 recall-able tones, and Lead has 96 permutations. With these tone shaping options you're left with a 2-channel amp that can get you through the most diverse gigs with ease. Built-in to this compact head is a 100W (or 50W) power section capable of running a number of different power tubes. A transparent, yet fully MIDI bypass-able, effects loop couples the versatile preamp to the power section.
The Gemini 100 amplifier consists of two channels, each with its own gain, 3-band EQ, multiple individually switchable modes, and level controls. In addition, the Lead channel features a Gain 2 control which is utilized in Modes 3/4 as a boost/cut to Gain 1.
This channel produces a wonderfully warm tone that aims to be the best of any channel switching amplifier. Where most other high gain amps seem to include a clean channel out of necessity rather than desire, the Gemini 100 has a no-compromises clean channel with its own dedicated preamp tube voiced specifically for huge headroom and sparkling cleans. With the included Gain control on the clean channel, one can also dial in a very cool vintage style distortion. We also include three tone shaping switches for adjusting the response, voicing, and brightness of this channel for a total of 8 distinct clean tones.
KSR's Lead channel aims to give you one of the most unique, round, warm, yet extremely usable and cutting high gain tones available. The Lead 1, Lead 2, and Lead 1 "Andy Wood" (aka Lead 3) voicings from the Colossus are all available via the Voice switch. Lead 1 has a nice solid and tight mid voicing that is great for rhythms and leads alike. Lead 2 has a lower mid-point and is favored by Andy Wood as his preferred tone for his signature singing leads. Lead 3 is KSR's voicing developed with Andy Wood as his preferred rhythm tone.
The Gemini 100 Lead channel has a total of 4 Modes available, which makes for a channel that’s far from limiting. Modes 1 and 2 are taken directly from the Colossus. Mode 1 offering up a nice mid-high gain overdrive, and Mode 2 adding tightness and aggression for a more modern tone. Modes 3 and 4 pickup where those leave off by adding an additional gain stage. In addition, the Gain 2 control acts as a boost/cut level for Modes 3 and 4. This allows the player to easily dial in a multiple rhythm tones coupled with searing lead tones, all without touching the knobs.
Every one of these tone shaping options are recall-able via the front panel, foot switch and/or floor controller via RCI, and MIDI CC or PC commands. It is easy to see the tweak-ability of the Lead channels allow one to dial in a large range of tones, from rock to death metal rhythms, and creamy blues solos to shred.
The Gemini 100 features the same proven transparent and wonderfully performing effects loop from the Artemis™ and Colossus H-100™. The loop circuit is true-bypassable via any of the normal means, and has independent Send and Return Level controls for maximum flexibility.
Dual master volumes allow for two overall performance levels to be set and recalled by the user. One player may prefer to set the second level as a solo-boost, others may prefer to use it as a volume cut.
The master section also includes power amp response controls, Top and Bottom. The Top control affects the response of the power section to treble frequencies, whereas the Bottom control affects the bass frequencies. These controls are great for dialing in the amp's response to different speaker cabinets. They also allow the player to optimize the amp for different master levels. I's especially useful for adding awesome bottom end at low volumes.
The power section consists of a quad of 6L6GC tubes, standard. However, just about any octal power tube can be installed — EL34, KT88, 6550, etc. Each tube is individually fused in order to protect the amplifier in the event of a tube failure. A Fault LED lights to indicate a fuse has blown and the tube is no longer functioning. One can also remove a pair of fuses as an easy way to run the 100W amp at half-power.
A custom wound USA made output transformer is a top performer and one of the highlights of this amplifier. Parallel speaker outputs allow one to easily drive two cabinets with a total impedance of 4/8/16 ohms.
Another one of the unique features of this amplifier is its universal power input. This allows easy use by any player around the world and eliminates the need for power converters or transformer swaps for shipment to any international country.
Either a lit acrylic, metal lit, or standard solid logo is available on the face plate of the amplifier. The lit logos are capable of displaying any color for a number of different amp settings. This is all programmable via a menu system built-in to the front panel by placing the amp into a special mode.
A custom foot switch is available for the Gemini 100 as an option. The amp is fully MIDI compatible, so the foot switch is not necessary if the player already has a MIDI based rig. Since KSR also offers advanced floor controller units that control their products natively via the RCI interface, one has a number of options at their disposal for complete control of their new amplifier.
- Channel configuration: Clean and Lead
- EQ: 3 band EQ per channel
- Gain Mode switch: Lead (1/2/3/4)
- Fat switch: Clean (normal/fat), Lead (tight/fat/thick/super-thick)
- Voice switch: Clean (normal/mid-boost), Lead (1/2/3)
- Bright switch: Clean, Lead
- Clean channel controls: Gain, Bass, Middle, Treble, and Level knobs; Fat, Voice, Bright and Channel Select switches
- Lead channel controls: Gain, Gain 2, Bass, Middle, Treble, and Level knobs; Mode, Fat, Voice, Bright, and Channel Select switches
- Master controls: Master Volume 1, Master Volume 2, Top, and Bottom knobs; Master Volume Select switch
- Foot switch: Custom 7 button with multi-colored indicator LEDs, RCI™ (Rhodes Custom Interface), Controls Channel 1/2 select (hold for Mute), Mode, Fat, Voice, Bright, Loop, and Master
- Remote controllable functions: channel select, all switchable modes, master volume select, loop bypass, and mute
- Control options: front panel, RCI™ (Rhodes Custom Interface), and/or MIDI
- MIDI: MIDI Input and Output / Thru
- MIDI channel: omni or selectable, only for CC control
- MIDI control: PC patch learning and direct CC control of individual functions
- MIDI programming: automatic patch learning — setup for desired patch, press the Learn button, and transmit a MIDI PC to associate with that patch
- MIDI phantom power: 12Vdc or 15Vac (internally selectable), fused @ 1A
- USB: for firmware upgrades and patch editor (coming soon)
- Bias test points: measure with any DMM capable of DC millivolts, 1 mV = 1 mA of plate current, assume 460 plate volts
- Bias adjustment pot location: on top of chassis, guaranteed to bias properly with most tubes tubes
- Output power: at least 100-120W with quartet, 50-60W with duet (two tubes removed)
- Output impedance: switchable between 4, 8, or 16 ohms into parallel jacks
- Compliance: designed to comply with CE, UL, CSA, TUV, FCC, and RoHS standards
- Cabinet dimensions: 26.5" L x 11" W x 9.5" H (excluding handle and feet)
- Weight: 48 lbs
- Shipping dimensions: 32" L x 16" W x 16" H
- Shipping weight: 56 lbs
Price: $2,900.00 – $3,230.00 (depending on confiration)