The BRBS EX3 is a 100-watt valve amp head with a unique sound texture, designed to be versatile thanks to its switches and output controls. The controls are independent for each channel to design the sound you're looking for. Achieving so many outstanding and powerful sounds has never been easier!
The BRBS 100-watt EX3 has its own modern personality. Still, it's compelling when producing warmer, creamy, and more vintage crunchy tones too. Ideal for sophisticated pop and rock music, it's perfect even for more hard 'n' heavy sounds.
- Power: 100/50 watt (pentode/triode)
- Controls: presence, resonance (power amp EQ control for low frequencies)
- Master volume: 2 master volume controls
- Valves: 4 x EL34 (available also with 6L6, KT66, KT88)
- Channels: 3 channels with separate equalisers and volume controls. Clean: normal and bright. Crunch: normal and hot. Lead: normal and modern hi-gain.
- Sound: The Clean channel is modern and versatile, capable of producing warmth and softness but also of keeping itself absolutely defined at any volume. In Bright mode the high frequencies are accentuated, and the sound acquires greater percussion and attack, ideal for funk and complex clean rhythms. The Crunch channel is very hot and rich, with an almost vintage flavor in Normal mode; in Hot mode the saturation increases up to the gain levels of a lead, but with a typically crunching voicing sought after and appreciated by many guitarists. The Lead channel has been designed to cover all the needs of the modern guitarist. In Normal mode it has enough gain to play any musical genre, with a compact and defined voicing that "cuts through the mix," perfect for solos. In Modern mode the frequency extension and the amount of distortion are greater, to go into really heavy and higain territories, also modifying the dynamics of the power amp making it more resonant on low frequencies.
- Valves: 6 x 12ax7 (ecc83)
- Effects loop: series and parallel with mix controls; MIDI switching control (on request)
- Pedals: standard MIDI pedal (not included); custom footswitch upon request
- Dimensions: 72.5 x 24 x 25.5 cm
- Weight: 22 kg
- Custom color/type of tolex: +$100
- Added midi controls: +$175 (if not standard)
- Reactive load + DI output: +$275 (if not standard)
- 6L6 tubes instead of EL34: +$75
(30 days to delivery from order)