The Raya is Versoul's most popular electric guitar and is based on two decades of design and research work.
Reimagine the solid body electric. Rethink the sonic and ergonomic possibilities. The goal: to create an instrument that's an ultra-efficient musical tool. Utility is foremost, but delivery of a rich tonal palette is equally important. Also on the list of essentials: a design as distinctive and bold as the instrument's sound. That's a tall order, but Versoul's Raya 6 delivers the complete package.
At the heart of it is a body of Finnish Alder, a terrific tone wood for rich resonance and soaring sustain. Raya's neck is laminated aspen and maple with a fingerboard of East Indian rosewood. Versoul pickups (single coil/humbucker) transform messages in solid wood into bold auditory exclamations. (The pickup covers are really cool looking, too.) Leave it to Kari Nieminen, who both studied and taught design in Helsinki, to determine that tuners accessed from below rather than over the headstock are an ergonomic plus for players. His designer's eye also gives the Raya a sly and sleek look all its very own, simultaneously futuristic and retro, a suggestion of Googie architecture delivering a playful touch.
- Body: two piece solid Finnish alder
- Bridge: Gotoh Tuneomatic style with strings through body, chrome plated
- Nut: moose shin bone
- Neck: aspen/maple/aspen, bolt-on, two-way adjustable truss rod
- Fingerboard: rosewood (9.5" or 12" radius)
- Frets: 21 / Dunlop 6130
- Tuners: Gotoh Mini, chrome plated
- Pickguard: tortoise shell plastic
- Colors: black, cool blue, dark purple, terracotta
- Pickups: dual Versoul single coils or humbuckers, chrome plated covers
- Controls: one volume, one tone, 3-way Switchcraft switch
- Finish: nitrocellulose lacquer
- Dots: green abalone shell
- Position marks: gold leaf
- Nut: moose shinbone
- Knobs: round metal
- Neck width at nut: 43 mm
- Scale length: 25.4" or 24 3/4"
- Overall length: 1010 mm
- Custom finishes
- Gotoh vibrato tailpiece
- Vintage Strat style gold plated hardware
- Glued in neck joint
- Chambered body
- Custom inlays
- Custom bindings