Freya is an ancient Scandinavian Viking god.
Reimagine the solid body electric: rethink the sonic and ergonomic possibilities. The goal: to create an instrument that's an ultra-efficient musical tool.
Utility is foremost, but delivery of a rich tonal palette is equally important. Also on the list of essentials: a design as distinctive and bold as the instrument's sound.
That's a tall order, but Versoul's Freya 6 delivers the complete package. At the heart of it is a body of Finnish Alder, a terrific tone wood for rich resonance and soaring sustain. The optional top choice is a tempting book matched Finnish Curly Birch in Vintage style sunburst finish. Thanks to the body's slightly offset surface and swooping lower bout the Freya guitar is very comfortable to play and hold. Ergonomics are key to every Versoul design. Leave it to Kari Nieminen, who both studied and taught design in Helsinki, to determine that tuners accessed from below rather than over the head stock are an ergonomic plus for players.
The Freya's neck is laminated aspen and maple with a 22 fret fingerboard of East Indian rosewood with a 24.75" or 25.4" scale length. Versoul pickups (single coils or humbuckers) transform messages made in solid wood into bold auditory exclamations. The pickup covers are really cool looking, too.
Freya is available with a modern style Wilkinson vibrato bridge or a Gotoh tuneomatic bridge with strings through body.
- Body finish: painted solid alder in black, terracotta, royal red, dark blue or dark purple
- Neck: aspen-maple-aspen, bolt-on
- Fingerboard: East Indian rosewood, 12" radius
- Fingerboard dots: green abalone shell
- Scale length: 25.4"
- Frets: 22 medium jumbo
- Hardware: chrome plated
- Bridge: Strat type vibrato (Wilkinson modern) or Gotoh tuneomatic with strings through body
- Tuners: Gotoh
- Pickups: Versoul humbuckers or Versoul single coils, both with the same Versoul cover
- Hard shell case included
- Freya 6 Standard Model, with contoured black gloss body: $5,500.00
- Freya 6 Custom Model with book matched Finnish curly birch top in vintage style sunburst finish: $6,100.00
- Book matched Finnish curly birch top in vintage style sunburst finish on solid alder body
- Ivoroid plastic top binding
- Mother of pearl block shaped strip inlays on one side of the fingerboard (double at 12 fret)