Blend the beefy boldness of an electric baritone with the jangle and shimmer of a 12-string, and what do you get? Versoul's Raya 12 Baritone, an instrument that offers players a sweeping panorama of sound.
The experience begins with a body made from an exemplary tone wood, Finnish alder. A beautifully laminated maple/aspen neck supports its fingerboard of east Indian rosewood. The neck's sleek contour complements extra width at the nut to facilitate handling a dozen strings, and the action is low for optimal ease of play. The Gotoh bridge is designed for fine tuning the intonation of each string, and the extra scale length of 26.75" means the Ray 12 rings tight and true tuned as low as A to A. The possibilities? Endless!
- Body: solid two piece Finnish alder
- Bridge: Gotoh hardtail, chrome plated, fine tuning for each string
- Nut: moose shin bone
- Neck: maple/aspen/aspen, bolt-on, two-way adjustable truss rod
- Fingerboard: East Indian rosewood (9.5" radius)
- Frets: 20 / Dunlop 6130
- Tuners: Mini Gotoh, chrome plated
- Pickguard: pearloid / tortoise shell plastic
- Colors: black, blue, sunburst, dark purple, terracotta
- Pickups: dual Versoul single coils or humbuckers
- Controls: two volume, master tone
- Finish: nitrocellulose lacquer
- Dot inlays: green abalone shell
- Position marks: gold leaf
- Nut: moose shinbone
- Bridge: Gotoh hardtail, fine tuning for each string
- Tuning: A to A , B to B or C to C
- Neck width at nut: 46.5 mm
- Scale length: 26.75"
- Overall length: 1060 mm
- Chambered body