The Custom Jimmy is a faithful recreation of Page's Hiwatt® amp that he used circa 1969 - 1971. It is constructed to the exact same specifications as 1970s British design with Partridge replica transformers, dual channel pre-amp with 4 inputs (2 normal, 2 bright), normal and bright volume, bass, middle, treble, presence and master volume controls. Like all Reeves Amplifiers, the Custom Jimmy is entirely hand assembled using only the finest quality components assembled on a Garolite turret board utilizing "Mil-Spec" wiring techniques.
What makes this amp different from other Hiwatt® circuits of the same period is that is has more gain on tap - more vintage Marshall. And something even more unique is its foot switch volume cut. The amount of volume cut is adjusted by the balance control on the front panel. In other words, the amp can be played with a more aggressive preamp tone (adjusted by the input control) and then switched, via the foot switch, to a less aggressive, more typical cleaner Hiwatt® tone. It works kind of like a two channel amp, but with a single channel.
- All-tube circuit
- Hand wired turret board construction
- 50 watts via 2 EL34 output tubes (Custom 50)
- 100 watts via 4 EL34 output tubes (Custom 100)
- 3 12AX7 preamp tubes and 1 x 12AT7 phase inverter
- Transformers wound to original Partridge specifications
- Footswitchable volume cut (foot switch included)
- Switchable 4, 8, 16 ohm impedance
- 120V, 230V, 240V 50/60Hz voltage selector
- Custom 50 Jimmy Head
- 25-3/16" (width) x 10-7/8 " (height) x 11-1/4 " (depth)
- 42 lbs.