Note, pictures of the 5F6-A head shown here may be slightly different from current model production. The newer version of the 5F6-A Head has one channel with two inputs and a single volume knob along with a bright switch and a presence control (previously called the "Jimmy" control). The older version of the 5F6-A Head had two channels/two inputs (normal and bright) and two volume knobs along with a "Jimmy" control (presence) and no bright switch.
The Fat Jimmy Vintage Series 5F6-A is Fat Jimmy's authentic recreation of the famous 5F6-A ‘Tweed Bassman’ circuit. This circuit was featured in the 4 x 10" tweed Bassman amplifier combos manufactured by the Fender Electric Instrument Company from 1957 – 1959, and is universally recognized as one of the greatest guitar amplifiers of all time. Incredible chime with beautiful rich clean tones at lower volumes, and what might be considered THE definitive rock & roll overdrive when turned up.
Available as a head or 1x12 combo conveniently situated in a grab-n-go package the same size as a Princeton Reverb.
- Aproximately 35 watts
- Head version: 1 channel, 2 inputs
- Combo version: 2 channels (normal and bright), 4 inputs
- Power tubes: 2 x 6L6
- Preamp tubes: 2 x 12AX7, 1 x 12AY7
- Rectifier tube: 5AR4 (GZ34)
- Controls, head version: bright switch / volume / treble / middle / bass / presence
- Controls, combo version: volume / volume / treble / middle / bass / presence
- Head features 2/4/8 ohm selector for use with different speaker configurations
- 5F6-A Head, 1 channel $2,349.00
- 5F6-A Head, 2 channel $2,399.00
- 1x12 Combo (with ceramic speaker): $2,499.00