How do you reimagine one of the guitar's most iconic designs? By applying a Versoul hallmark: a respect for tradition coupled with an urge to innovate.
Versoul kept the voluptuous body shape that Eddie Cochran (among others) loved, but they added some bold new touches, starting with Googie-style batwing/boomerang sound holes. Versoul's uniquely shaped headstock, crowned by a 23-carat gold leaf 'midnight sun,' blends the new and Nordic with a touch of retro chic in Grover Imperial chrome-plated tuners. The top, back, and sides are laminated curly maple. Multiple wood bindings deliver both beauty and strength. Special bracing brings out the instrument's warm, full acoustic voice.
Versoul's trademark pickups (single coil and humbucker) bring it to life as an electric. The finish is vintage amber-colored nitrocellulose lacquer. The bridge is a Gotoh tuneomatic. The pickguard is tortoise shell, and completing its rebel-rousing potential is a Bigsby vibrato unit. If twang is your thing, or any of a host of other sounds, Versoul's Swan sends you soaring with grace and a touch of classy glitz.
- Top: laminated curly European maple
- Back: laminated European curly maple
- Sides: solid European curly maple
- Bridge: Gotoh Tuneomatic w/ Versoul ebony base plate or East Indian rosewood
- Tailpiece: Bigsby Vibrato B3 unit
- Neck: curly aspen/curly maple/curly aspen, two-way steel truss rod
- Fingerboard: ebony or East Indian rosewood (12" radius)
- Frets: 2 / Dunlop 6130 or similar
- Tuners: Kluson waffle back nickel plated
- Pickguard: tortoise shell plastic
- Pickups: dual Versoul single coils or humbuckers
- Controls: two volume, master tone, 3-way Switchcraft switch
- Finish: vintage amber colored nitrocellulose lacquer
- Peghead veneer: visa birch
- Decorations: 23 carat gold leaf
- Strip inlays: green abalone shell
- Inlays: gold leaf
- Bindings: maple/black fiber
- Nut: moose shinbone
- Neck width at nut: 43 mm
- Scale length: 25.4"
- Lower bout: 430 mm
- Upper bout: 330 mm
- Depth at side: 65 mm
- Overall length: 1100 mm
- Gold plated metal parts
- Versoul tailpiece
- Three Versoul humbuckers or single coils