Please don’t call this the 'best of both worlds,' since myriad guitar design worlds merge here. Resonator guitars are rarely 12-strings, nor electrics, nor baritones. This is all of the above, and the sky's the limit in terms of the musical possibilities to be explored.
First, this is a resonator guitar with a National-style cone, delivering assertive sound without amplification. This is also a 12-string, offering the octave ring and slight out-of-phase sound that make 12-strings so magical. It's also a baritone guitar, so its extra long scale length (26.75") makes it possible to tune as much as a perfect fifth below standard tuning (far below most open tunings). Finally, this is an electric acoustic guitar, so when you need more volume than the cone can deliver, Versoul's magnetic single coil pickup gets your message emphatically across. If you want a more organic amplified sound, an AKG C411 PP contact condenser microphone is fitted at the heart of the instrument's acoustic pulse, under the biscuit bridge on the cone. The AKG C411 PP uses an XLR output jack with a phantom power supply adapter in the jack. The Versoul pickup has a standard output jack, so you have the choice of utilizing both amplification sources simultaneously or solely the one of your preference.
All this sonic potential dwells in a sleek Finnish aspen body detailed with perforated chrome-plated steel sides and a striking gold leaf-plated resonator cover plate adorned with sun beam sound holes!
Does it play as well as it sounds and looks? Answering in the affirmative are a gorgeous East Indian rosewood fingerboard (16" radius) and a nut that's generously wide (46.5 mm) to allow for the extra space occupied by those paired strings. Finger style and slide guitarists especially are apt to find this to be a very user friendly instrument. Ergonomics and elegance are abundant in this original blend of disparate guitar design threads. The goal? To inspire and enable you to explore unmapped musical directions via an instrument that's off the charts.
- Body: solid Finnish aspen or alder top & back
- Sides: chrome plated perforated steel
- Bridge: Versoul maple biscuit
- Cone: Beard or other National style
- Nut: moose shinbone
- Tailpiece: Versoul East Indian rosewood
- Neck: round Finnish aspen/maple w/ two-way adjustable truss rod
- Neck joint: bolt-on
- Fingerboard: East Indian rosewood (16" radius)
- Frets: 19 / Dunlop 6130
- Tuners: Gotoh SE700
- Pickguard: tortoise shell plastic
- Pickup: Versoul single coil w/ separate output jack
- Transducer: AKG C411 PP under-cone condenser mic w/ phantom adapter on XLR jack
- Finish: natural neck (gloss) dark brown, black, or natural top and back (satin)
- Resonator coverplate: wooden laminated & gold leaf plated w/ sun beam soundholes
- Peghead inlays: gold leaf
- Nut: moose shinbone
- Cover plate: Versoul steel biscuit
- Neck width at nut: 46.5 mm
- Scale length: 26.75"
- Body thickness: 62 mm
- Overall length: 1040 mm
- Versoul humbucker shaman soundholes on steel resonator cover plate
- Cover plate finishes: frost silver, silver or gold plating
- Versoul Rattlenator for acoustic fuzz effect