The Waterslide Coodercaster T-Style is one part lap steel and one part T-style guitar with a nitrocellulose lacquer finish that has been lightly relic'd and aged. The bodies are generally lightweight alder or swamp ash.
In the bridge position are Mojo UK Valco-style lap steel pickups. These pickups nail the vintage sound and design of the early pickups used on Supro, Oahu & National steel guitars - very fat with tons of sustain and punch. This type of pickup is often used by slide players like Ry Cooder, Jason Isbell and Blake Mills. Their unique design with a surrounding metal base plate and pickup cover has a special magic with open tunings and bottleneck playing.
The neck pickups are vintage-spec Mojo UK Gold Foils, either Guyatone, Teisco or Dearmond spec. Gold Foil pickups are a great choice in the neck position as they hold their own with the bridge position lap steel pickup with a sweet top end and clarity that provides a nice complement, tonally.
Those of you familiar with Coodercasters know that the design of the old Valco-style lap steel pickups typically results in a middle position where three strings are in-phase and three are out. Waterslide has worked with Mojo Pickups to come up with a solution to that problem so all Waterslide Coodercasters with the Mojo UK lap steel pickups feature a switching system which allows all six strings to be in-phase with each other when both pickups are on.
EXTRAS AND ALTERNATES
Some Coodercasters feature a Duesenberg MultiBender for an additional charge which allows the player to do pedal steel bends on the B & G strings. Additionally, some Coodercasters feature a Mastery Vibrato + Staytrem vibrato/bridge combo for an additional charge.
Electronics include Emerson audio taper pots, a PIO capacitor and cloth covered wiring. Every guitar comes in a hardshell case.
- Construction: solid body
- Body: lightweight alder or swamp ash
- Neck: maple
- Scale length: 25.5"
- Neck profile: medium C, chunky soft V, full C (other options too)
- Trussrod: heel adjust
- Fingerboard: maple or rosewood
- Fingerboard radius: 9.5", 10", other
- Frets: 6105
- Nut: bone
- Nut width: 1.65"
- Inlays: dots
- Bridge pickup: Valco-style lap steel by Mojo Pickups, UK
- Neck pickup: vintage-spec Mojo UK Gold Foils (Guyatone, Teisco or Dearmond spec)
- Bridge: Kluson
- Vibrato: Duesenberg Multibender or Mastery Vibrato/Staytrem combo available as options
- Electronics: Emerson Audio taper pots, PIO capacitor, cloth covered wiring
- Tuners: Gotoh
- Weight: 7 to 8 lbs
- Finish: nitrocellulose laquer, lieghtly relic'd and aged
- Case: hardshell
- Waterslide Coodercaster T-Style (with lap steel + Gold Foil pickup set): $2,299.00
- Waterslide T-Style Custom (with Dual Foil pickup pair): $2,599.00